Minerals play vital role in the development of any country as they are backbone of the industries. Rocks and minerals also form important source materials for construction purposes. Hence it is essential that these mineral treasure of the state are identified and assessed so that their precise industrial utility is decided.
Minerals found in Amravati district are basically categorized in Major Minerals and Minor Minerals.
The only Major mineral found in district is Fireclay. It is found in Achalpur Tahasil. Any construction material is categorized into minor mineral e.g. Murrum, Stone, Sand.
PROCEDURE FOR GRANT OF MAJOR LICENSES/LEASES :
There are two systems
- Prospecting license.
- Mining lease.
Prospecting license :
- Prospecting licenses are granted for the major minerals in the area which has not been prospected before by any Government agency . Prospecting license is granted to an agency for two years within which they have to explore the area and prepare report on quality and quantity of mineral reserves. After submitting this report they have to apply for mining lease.
- In cases wherein some areas have already been explored or prospected by Govt. agency, the applicant agency directly can apply for mining lease but it has to pay 25% of prospecting expenditures to government and by paying this amount, it is entitled to have prospecting report of that area.
Mining lease :
Maximum period is 30 years. After receipt of all the NOC’s the lease application is forwarded to the government through the Director, Geology and Mining Department. Trade, Commerce and Mining Ministry of Government of Maharashtra has power to grant the lease. After grant of lease, it is executed and working permission is granted by the Collector.
PROCEDURE FOR GRANT OF MINOR LEASES:
Application for lease should accomplished with application form along with
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from grampanchayat.
- 7/12 record.
- Talathi report and map of area showing applied survey no.
- Record of rights related with that applied area.
- Solvency Certificate for minimum Rs. 50,000/-
- Chalan copy of Rs. 100 application fee deposited in SBI (State Bank of India).
After receipt of this application office issue letters to following departments for NOC.
- Town planning.
- B & C / PWD (Public Works Department).
- Pollution Board.
- Report from Tahsildar through SDO on 15 points.
- NOC from forest department.
(THE SAME DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR MAJOR MINERAL LICENSEES / LEASES)
After receipt of NOC’s from all above departments lease is granted by the collector for a period of five years with one renewal under the rule 5(1) & (2) of minor mineral extraction rules (Vidarbha Region) 1966. After grant of lease under rule 5 of MMMW(V.R.) rule 1966, the lease deed is executed and working permission is granted. After this working permission, lease is allowed. This lease is granted for private and government works.
For more information Contact: District Mining Officer, Office of the Collector, Amravati.Ph. 2662025