Sanjay Gandhi Yojna
There are various financial assistance schemes that are sponsored by Central as well as State Governments. The schemes sponsored by the Central Government are.
* National Old age Pension Scheme
This scheme benefits beneficiaries of Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Anudan Yojana, who are at least 65 years of age.Under this scheme beneficiaries get total amount of Rs. 250.Physically handicapped persons also get the same kind of financial assistance.
1.Age: 65 years min
2.Should be Helpless
3.No source of income
4.Should not be owner of Real Estate
2.Income certificate issued by Talathi
3.Certificate of Tahasildar or Talathi of being Helpless.
* National Family Benefit Scheme
Under this scheme if the Head of the family expires accidentally or naturally the family gets financial assistance of up to Rs 10,000.
1.Age Certificate of the deceased.
2.Death Certificate .
3.Certificate issued by Talathi / Gramsevak / Tahasildar
certifying deceased was Head of the family.
4.Income certificate issued by Talathi / Gramsevak / Tahasildar
* National Maternity Benefit Scheme
This scheme benefits pregnant women above 19 years.The financial assistance is limited to Rs. 500/- for her first two children.
1. Pregnant woman should be above 19 years.
2. Woman should be from B.P.L. family
3. Financial assistance is limited to first two live children.
1. Certificate of age.
2. Income Certificate issued by Talathi / Gramsevak
3. Certificate issued by Talathi/Gramsevak/Auxiliary nurse/Midwife or "Anganwadi" worker certifying this to be her first or second delivery.
The schemes Sponsored by the State Government are
* Indira Gandhi Vruddha Bhumiheen Shetmajoor Anudan Yojana
This scheme is limited to rural areas. Under this scheme, the landless farm-labours are given Rs.250 per month for two months. Beneficiaries of the National old-age Pension scheme are eligible to apply for this scheme.
The amount is distributed four times a year that is of three months at a time on 15th May,15th August, 15th November, and 15th February.
1. Age- For male applicants 65 years and for Female applicants 60 years.
2. Beneficiary should be resident of Rural area.
3. Should be landless.
4. Should be Helpless.
5. If beneficiary has son, he should NOT be able to look after the beneficiary.
1. Certificate of Age.
2. Certificate of Talathi showing the beneficiary is landless.
3. 3 Passport size photographs.
* Sanjay Gandhi Swavlamban Yojana
This scheme benefits the unemployed. Long term loans of Rs.2500 are sanctioned which are to be returned in 8 installments within two years.
1. Resident of Maharashtra for 15 years.
2. Unemployed should have completed 18 years of age.
1. Certificate showing 15 years residence in Maharashtra.
2. Caste Certificate (if belongs to Backward Class).
3. Age Certificate.
4. 2 Passport size photographs.
5. Recommendation by local M.P./M.L.A., Z.P. officials, members, Nagar Palika officials or members confirming applicants residence
* Sanjay Gandhi Niradhar Yojana
It is beneficial to people, which are helpless, old, mentally retarded, physically handicapped or unable to earn. This scheme also benefits widows having children.
To avail the benefits of this scheme, the person
i) should be resident of Maharashtra
ii) should have no income source
iii) should NOT be a Land owner
iv) should not be beggar.
To get the benefit of this scheme, the application forms are available in Governments offices. The application should be accomplished by
i) Certificate of age issued by medical officer.
ii) School certificate issued by Talathi.
iii) Income certificate issued by Talathi.
For further information contact: Land Acquisition Officer, Office of the Collector, Amravati. Ph. 2664819